Company of the Northern Cross
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Company of the Northern Cross

Here is where the Valiant meet to discuss issues pertaining to the preservation of Honor and Virtue, and press their claim to the the direct link to our ancestors.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke Henri
Admin
Duke Henri

Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:28 am

Here is the General Discussion area of the Forum. Anything you like may be posted here! Have fun, respect each other and check back often! Now.. let us look into the Tavern and see what revelry we may find! ...

... the room is roughly 20ft x 40 ft , you entered through a rickety swinging half door on the south side of the room.. there are large timber posts at various spots holding up the heavy hewn beams that support the Inn above, the walls are waddle and daub washed in a earthen tone. At the far end a large stone fireplace graces almost the entire wall , the fire area large enough to step into and long enough to burn 6 ft. logs, there is an iron cradle with stag heads adorning the points where a couple of logs are ablaze, above the heavy mantle piece you see a very large set of Antlers, the largest you have seen and hanging in the center of them , seemingly floating but attached by wire.. a shiny silver Tau Cross. The Cross catches the glow off of the various candles hanging from the cieling on large iron racks, and flickers with the air. There are wooden tables many years old with piles upon piles of wax from many a candle.
The benches are strong and heavy. The bar area is simple and just to right of the fireplace wall adjacent. There are people
singing, and a couple of wenches serving the most popular brews of the Company to Brothers and Sisters alike.
And out from the crowd every now again you hear "Animo et Fide" shouted with laughter and happiness...

I am here looking for a Thief....

[img][/img][img][/img]
Back to top Go down
https://northerncrossarmy.forumotion.com
Lothar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:35 am

with the power of an illusionist.
Back to top Go down
Po

Po

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 am

Duke Henri wrote:

I am here looking for a Thief....

[img][/img][img][/img]

... Would you settle for a Rogue?
Back to top Go down
http://rapiermaniacs.com
Duke Henri
Admin
Duke Henri

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 am

Ah HA there!!

I have heard tale of this Po Silvertop.. A Rouge indeed.. with slight of hand,small cantrips, nimble feet and a quick sword does he operate much to the chagrin of his adversaries! I wouldst say then, as our search began at the
Green Dragon Inn back some time ago that, we, fellow adventurers may have found our Thief !!

Did I mention that there was not a man in the Green Dragon that we could not slay?
Back to top Go down
Po

Po

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Well Penned, Your Grace- and in response, I give thee not one, but TWO potential responses to your braggadocio:

Duke Henri wrote:

Did I mention that there was not a man in the Green Dragon that we could not slay?

"Nor a woman there that we could not charm or entertain..."

*OR*, if you prefer...

Duke Henri wrote:

"In fact, there was not a man there we HAD NOT SLAIN- not that that kept them from their continued drinking- it was *that* sort of a Tavern, and they were all tough enough that mere death didn't even slow them down."

<Po dons his running boots and prepares for a high-speed exit, stage-right, grinning...>

Po
Back to top Go down
Duke Henri
Admin
Duke Henri

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:26 pm

I believe I prefer charming the ladies.. there was a fair damsel there that evening you see.. The Spaniard will recall as well.. We spoke with her briefly as her guard came to her aid. It was there that I believe Sir Michael made the statement and observation that there was not a man in the place that "he" could not slay.. aloud!
One of her guard, wearing an ascot turned and tried to scuffle her off, but We powerful Lords all , and even a King, disguised as was Charles VI at St. Inglevert.. made for the bar. There we took part in some bread and a plowman's faire!

I was unsucessful at finding the Thief that we were looking for, but.. you see my friend , we shall again venture to that far off realm and do hope that you will be with us.. so that we can again .. in order an mischief make our presence known.. so that all will ever remember this adventuring party!
What say you ?
Will you join us? !
Back to top Go down
Po

Po

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Your Grace- I'd say that you had me at the word "mischief".. but in sooth, 'twas the word "Damsel" that caught my ear...

... And so, with a sigh did Po turn from studying the great iron chandelier (once again denied the opportunity to swing from it as he wielded his trusty rapier...) to grab his worn leather carry-all from beneath the table. Pausing just long enough to top off his tankard and to make sure his rapier and dagger were secure in their sheaths (along with other surprises as well), Po fell in behind the rest of the group at the bar...

"Count me in." he grinned...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!   Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Antlers and the Cross Tavern!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Company of the Northern Cross :: THE ANTLERS AND THE CROSS TAVERN-
Jump to: